Carpools and Public Transit
Why carpool or take public transit to bridge? Because ride sharing is the environmental right thing to do, because we save gas, and because we find lovely people to talk to as we travel. It also helps us achieve our requirement to limit onstreet parking at our Bridge Center.
We especially need your help reducing parking at the Monday morning and Wednesday morning games at our Bridge Center.
Most people make carpool arrangements directly with friends. We encourage you to do that. However, if you would like to investigate other possibilities we have online signup to help you.
Several options exist for using public transit to get to our Bridge Center. All connect to the Mountain View Transit Center located on Evelyn Ave. near the intersection with Castro St. The Transit Center is a half a mile from our Bridge Center - about an 11 minute walk.
Mountain View Transit Center
To get to our Bridge Center
- Take Evelyn Ave. west to Castro St.
- Turn right on Castro St.
- Cross Central expressway where Castro St. becomes Moffatt Blvd.
- Turn left at the first traffic signal onto Central Ave.
- Turn right at the stop sign onto Stierlin Rd.
- Turn left into our parking lot.
- VTA Light Rail
- VTA Buses. Routes connecting to the transit center are:
- Route 34 from San Antonio Shopping Center
- Route 35 from Stanford Shopping Center
- Route 52 from Foothill College